Saturday, May 21, 2011

Trash craft: DIY recycled sweater playscape

Well it wasn't exactly finished but here it is. My first felt playscape.  The stream, lake, rocks and grassy patches are all made from felted sweaters. Though I bought the felt for the base and cave. I finished it of with a little embroidery , reeds made from green yarn, and a little wool tree made from sweaters too. Though their were a few more things I wanted to add, I just couldn't wait any longer to give it to the girls. I can always make a more elaborate one while they play with this one, and I have this wonderful felt deer family pattern i bought online that's waiting to be made. So there you have it, you never know what you can make from thirty store scores or trash if you just care enough to try. Happy sewing








No comments:

Post a Comment